Audio Technica ATH-M60X
Audio Technica ATH-M60X
FREE Standard Shipping
available for this item
Audio Technica ATH-M60x
Professional Monitor Headphones
Pure. Professional. Performance.
- Designed for studio, broadcast and mobile applications, the ATH-M60x on-ear professional monitor headphones utilize the same proprietary 45 mm large-aperture drivers found in the legendary ATH-M50x headphones, delivering exceptional clarity throughout an extended frequency range with accurate bass response.
- The low-profile, closed-back, on-ear design provides excellent sound isolation and a great fit, which is enhanced by the exceptional comfort and durability of the memory foam earpads and headband.
- The headphones come with three interchangeable cables (1.2 m - 3.0 m coiled, 3.0 m straight, and 1.2 m straight – each with a 3.5 mm (1/8") mini-plug), a 6.3 mm (1/4") screw-on adapter, and a protective carrying pouch.
More About the M-Series Headphones
Critically acclaimed M-Series professional monitor headphones deliver accurate audio and outstanding comfort, perfect for long sessions in the studio and on the go. Contoured earcups seal tight for excellent sound isolation, with minimal bleed. And the pro-grade materials are durable, yet comfortable. Find out why online reviewers, top audio engineers, and cult followers agree, M-Series is an unmatched combination of audio and build-quality that gets the job done. Hour after hour, year after year
- Low-profile, closed-back, on-ear design provides excellent isolation and fit
- Proprietary 45 mm large-aperture drivers (the same used in the legendary ATH-M50x) with rare earth magnets and copper-clad aluminum wire voice coils
- Carefully crafted using key metal components for lasting durability
- Exceptional clarity throughout an extended frequency range with accurate bass response
- Low-impedance design delivers high output level from any headphone output
- Premium, memory foam earpads and headband allow headphones to be worn comfortably for hours on end
- Earpads and headband detach for easy replacement
- Ideal for studio, broadcast and mobile applications
- Detachable cables (includes 1.2 m - 3.0 m coiled cable, 3.0 m straight cable and 1.2 m straight cable)
|Driver Diameter||45 mm|
|Voice Coil||CCAW (Copper-clad aluminum wire)|
|Frequency Response||15 - 28,000 Hz|
|Maximum Input Power||1,600 mW at 1 kHz|
|Weight||200 g (7.1 oz), without cable and connector|
|Cable||Interchangeable cables: detachable 1.2 m - 3.0 m (3.9' - 9.8') coiled cable, detachable 3.0 m (9.8') straight cable and detachable 1.2 m (3.9') straight cable|
|Accessories Included||Protective carrying pouch, 6.3 mm (1/4") screw-on adapter|
Loved it!Been using the M60x all day for a week straight and can confidently recommend it. Comfort: as an owner of the m40x with Brainwavz Pads, I still found over the ear more comfortable than the on ear configuration. But once I found the sweet spot, my ears fatigued less (I recommend you extend the bands until the inner top part of the pads sit on the top of your ears). I find that these do better than the M40x with stock pads. I do hope that Audio Technica would implement similar style of pads (memory foam I believe) in future ATH Mx products. The clamping is light, but tight enough. That sort of compensates for discomfort of an on ear configuration. Clarity: Clear from bass to highs, these don't sound artificially boosted at all, very intimate imaging. I use these for both music production and casual listening. I find the elements in the mix to not mud up collectively and in my personal opinion, the mix result will sound equally as good if played on other forms of audio output such as your phone speaker. I find myself going back to my DAW to make a few adjustments with my other pair of headphones because I boosted unnecessary frequencies that I thought sounded good. M60x will not cheat your feelings. Take this portion with a grain of salt. Overall built: These do not fold and the cups do not swivel as much as it's predecessors (not even 45 degrees). The materials are a mix of plastic and metal. Personally, these are my favourite looking headphones in the ATH Mx Line. For a pair of on ears, I rate the M60x a 5/5.