Dan Clark Audio Ether 2 System Headphone
Built entirely of titanium, aluminum, and carbon fiber it weighs in at only 290grams, making it the lightest top-of-the-line planar on the market (and one of the lightest headphones in its class) and suitable for hours on-end of comfortable listening. ETHER 2 is designed to deliver an incredibly realistic acoustic signature, with a deep and wide soundstage. Three different ear pads are included allowing ETHER 2’s sound and fit to be customized in only a few seconds, as each pad offers a unique sonic signatures. If you’re seeking the ultimate in sound quality, comfort, and flexibility - what’s not to love?
DETAILED, NOT BRIGHT
- ETHER 2 is a total redesign of our original ETHER Flow headphone. All too often, “detailed sound” means bright, fatiquing sound - not ETHER 2! Featuring a second generation motor with improved acoustics, a driver that’s 70% lighter than the ETHER Flow driver, and a motor that moves the magnets away from the listener, ETHER 2 delivers incomparably clear (yet warm and detailed) sound.
LIGHT AS A FEATHER, BUILT LIKE A TANK
- ETHER 2 is the lightest TOTL planar on the market for superb comfort yet it's incredibly tough. While most other lightweight headphones are plastic ETHER 2 is built of titanium, aluminum, and carbon fiber. These three elements are famously strong, reliable, and comfortable, and drastically reduce the weight of the headphone. You can buy heavier, but you can’t buy tougher.
THREE HEADPHONES FOR THE PRICE OF ONE
- ETHER 2 is one headphone with three totally unique sounds. Using our patent-pending “peelable” ear pad design, you can swap between any of our three pad options in just a few seconds. While each pad is suitable for any genre, they all carry a unique voice that can be chosen based on your preferences of the day (or hour). The original pad delivers a midrange forward sound that’s great for vocals and acoustic music, while perforated pads give a bit more of a “fun” response curve and project a larger soundstage. Suede, which is incredibly comfortable, offers a warm tone with powerful bass - great for electronica and rock.
TECHNOLOGY TO THE LIMIT
Every Dan Clark Audio planar magnetic headphone is powered by a 100% proprietary driver. No off the shelf parts stuck into a new enclosure here - our drivers are designed in-house, and feature:
- New diaphragm that’s 70% lighter for improved detail retrieval
- Super efficient transducer that keeps weight down by reducing magnet size
- Second-generation Trueflow technology that improves airflow through the motor for a major boost in detail retrieval
- Patented V-Planar driver processing that textures the driver surface for superior low frequency performance and improved diaphragm stability
- Driver: 71mm x 45mm single-ended planar magnetic
- Driver matching: +/-1.5 dB to target curve, channel matched to 0.5dB weighted 30-9KHz
- THD: less than 0.2% 20-20KHz
- Headband: Nickel-Titanium
- Baffle: Carbon Fiber
IN THE BOX
- ETHER 2 Headphone
- 3 Ear Pads: Perforated, Suede, and Solid
- IVO Cable with termination of your choice
- Carrying case
- Cleaning Cloth