Fiio FT3 Dynamic High-Res Headphones
Overview of the Fiio FT3 Dynamic Headphones
- 60mm large dynamic driver
- Beryllium-plated gasket + DLC diaphragm
- 350Ω high impedance
- Asymmetric internal and external magnetic circuit system
- Open-back design
- Furukawa monocrystalline copper cable
- Aluminium alloy construction
- Lightweight hollow design
- 4 different audio plugs included
ART OF HARNESSING ENERGY FOR GREAT SOUND
60mm large dynamic driver
The FT3’s large dynamic driver also has other benefits. For example, due to its large size, the diaphragm is capable of bearing higher output power, leading to less distortion under large dynamic signals. Also, the larger driver is more easily able to produce lower frequencies for deeper reaching bass.
Beryllium-plated gasket + DLC diaphragm
The diaphragm is one of the most important parts of a dynamic driver. And not just any diaphragm material can meet the demands of the FT3 due to the large driver size. After countless testing at FiiO, a beryllium-plated gasket + DLC diaphragm was chosen.
The FT3 driver gasket is plated with beryllium. This not only results in a lighter gasket (and thus a lighter driver), but also a more rigid gasket better able to handle the movement of the large dynamic driver for less distortion.
The diaphragm of the FT3 is made of DLC (Diamond-Like Carbon), – which is both highly sturdy and lightweight compared to other diaphragm materials. This means that the FT3 driver is less prone to breakup and thus nonlinear distortion, while also having an extremely extended frequency response and improved soundstage.
350Ω high impedance
The FT3 was designed with great sound as the primary goal, and features 350Ω impedance to achieve that. Compared to lower impedance headphones, higher impedance headphones more effectively filter out noise to the listener resulting in a purer sound with higher signal-to-noise ratio performance
The voice coil is made of ultra-fine Japanese copper-clad aluminium only 0.035mm thick in diameter. This finer voice coil allows the driver to better and more quickly follow signals, has anti-interference capabilities, and allows for thunderous dynamics across a wide frequency response range.
HEAR THE ARTIST’S INTENT
Asymmetrical internal and external magnetic circuit system
The FT3 utilises powerful N52 neodymium magnets to maximise sound quality under its 350Ω impedance design. These magnets have been arranged in an optimised asymmetrical internal and external magnetic circuit system. When the voice coil starts to move during the reproduction of sound, the optimised magnetic circuit balances this movement of the voice coil and diaphragm, especially during large dynamic changes - which allows more effective use of magnetic energy and better control over the voice coil.
- Furukawa monocrystalline copper wire
- Standard with the FT3 is a 3m, 23AWG diameter cable consisting of high-purity Furukawa monocrystalline copper wire.
- Outer shell material: TPE
- Shielding layer: PCOCC-A (26/0.12X2)
- Insulating layer: PFA
- Conductor: PCOCC-A (3/20/0.8X2AWG23)
- Outermost diameter: 2.4mmx2 (parallel structure)
4 swappable audio plugs come standard
The FT3 cable features swappable plugs of the following 4 kinds:
- 3.5mm/4.4mm swappable plugs
- 3.5mm to 6.35mm adapter
- 4.4mm to XLR-4 balanced adapter
*Interchangeable audio plugs are officially licensed from the patent by FABRILOUS.
LIGHTER AND STRONGER
Aluminium alloy construction
FULL OF COMFORT
With a lightweight hollow mesh design
The open-back design features a hollowed-out mesh to not only further reduce the weight for greater listening comfort, but also to fully unleash the capabilities of its driver in a more open environment.
REMOVING A LAYER OF VEIL FROM YOUR MUSIC
FREE TO ROTATE
3-axis swivelling design
The FT3 has undergone much fit testing in FiiO Labs, and the 3-axis swivelling design is one result of that testing. The 3-axis swivelling design was specifically made so that the FT3 could better fit a wide variety of head and face shapes for improved comfort and better seal to maximise sound quality.
Angled drivers parallel to the ear
2 sets of distinct-sounding earpads
The FT3 comes with 2 sets of earpads, each with their own sound
- Suede earpads: Balanced sound, enhanced ambience, majestic experience
- Protein leather earpads: Clear sound, large soundstage, highly detailed
- Headphone type: Dynamic driver headphones
- Frequency response: 7Hz-40kHz
- Driver type: 60mm dynamic driver
- Diaphragm material: Beryllium-plated gasket + DLC diaphragm
- Impedance: 350Ω
- Sensitivity: 102dB (1Vrms)@1kHz
- Weight: About 391g (excluding cable)
- Earpad pressure: 4.0N±0.3N
- Cable length: About 3m
- Cable material: Furukawa monocrystalline copper wire
- Headphone connector: Dual 3.5mm
- 3.5mm interchangeable plug
- 4.4mm interchangeable plug
- 3.5mm female to 6.35mm male adapter
- 4.4mm female to XLR-4 male balanced adapter
- Leather storage case
- Protein leather earpads
- Suede earpads