FiiO M6 Portable High-Resolution Audio Player
FiiO M6 Portable High-Resolution Audio Player
FiiO unveils the M6 DAP
- Embracing the wireless HiFi era, FiiO has unveiled its final product for 2018. The FiiO M6 Hi-Res Lossless Music Player.
- Supporting Apple Airplay via WiFi, the FiiO M6 brings wireless HiFi era to Apple users who are limited by Apple’s Bluetooth codec support of only SBC/ACC. The FiiO M6 also features bi-directional communication via Bluetooth 4.2 and supports all the Bluetooth codecs available in the industry today, these include ACC, aptX, aptX HD, aptX LL, HWA, LDAC, and SBC.
- Weighing in at just 83g, the DAP measures 53.3mm (W) x 92.5mm (L) x 11.5mm (H), a size similar to that of a name card and sports a 3.5mm single-ended headphone jack. DAC wise, the FiiO M6 will feature a single ES9018Q2C from ESS with improved circuitry which translated into a 50% increase in output power over a similar implementation in the M7. Similar to the FiiO M9, the M6 has an internal storage of 2GB with a single microSD slot supporting microSDXC for storage expansion.
Introducing FiiO Link
- The FiiO M6 will be the first DAP to feature FiiO Link, a companion app which allows you to control the features on your DAP via your Android or iOS smartphones.
High fidelity sound for Apple users
- with the M6, users with iOS devices can simply beam their music to the M6 via AirPlay to quickly and conveniently play songs in excellent quality.
Full Bluetooth format support for truly lossless playback
- The M6 comes with dual-mode Bluetooth 4.2, and supports every high-resolution wireless format to date, including: 24-bit aptX HD (backwards compatible with aptX), LDAC, and HWA Hi-Res Bluetooth Audio. No matter whatever wireless high-resolution audio device you may have, you can be sure the M6 will take advantage of it.
(Re)discover your songs with third-party apps
- Explore a well-organized user interface with the FiiO-customized Android OS on the M6. Pre-installed apps designed to integrate seamlessly with this interface include NetEase Cloud Music, MOOV, Tidal, and KKBOX. And you can install other whitelisted apps, too. Be prepared to rediscover your old music and discover new songs with these apps!
Take control from your phone with FiiO Link
- New to the M6 is the FiiO Link functionality. After pairing your smartphone and the M6 via Bluetooth, you can remotely control the M6 as well as display its current playing status.
Give your computer some serious sound capabilities
- The M6 is the third product from FiiO based on the Samsung Exynos 7270, and the experience we now have with the platform has allowed us to create a thoroughly modern player. With its cutting-edge components, we have been able to make the M6 as sleek as contemporary smartphones that lends it its stunning appearance in your hand while remaining extremely comfortable. And the M6 is prepared for the future now with its built-in Wi-Fi and full Bluetooth format support.
Total musical immersion with a single DAC package
- The M6 utilizes the same proven high-performance ESS Sabre 9018Q2C chip that combines a capable DAC and a robust amp in one package, the same as the M7. However, with the M6 we have redesigned and further optimized the audio circuit to squeeze out every last drop of potential from the ESS chip, resulting in 50% higher power output than the M7. Who says we need multiple chips for excellent sound quality when we can do it with just one?
Dedicated accessories for FiiO music players
- The USB audio digital output on the M6 is highly capable – not only does it support output at various sampling rates, it also fully supports DSD with native DSD output up to DSD64/128 and support for the ISO, DFF, and DSF formats. You don't need to stop the music, just connect the M6 as a digital USB jukebox.
The fun never stops with USB audio output
- Despite it being hugely versatile, the M6 comes in a tiny size making it extremely easy to handle. Its mini size also makes it effortless to carry around, making it the perfect musical companion whether you are on your commute or just chilling out.
- The M6 holds the distinction of having some of the cleanest outputs of any FiiO player, with a measured signal-to-noise ratio of ≥118dB and a noise floor of ＜3uV, which ensures you won't hear noise on even the most sensitive earphones.
Simplicity is at its finest when it understands your needs
- he easy-to-hold, compact body of the M6 is simple, yet put together specifically to meet your needs. Four buttons are placed to help you quickly navigate the menus, while the 2.5D glass provides a smooth yet natural transition between the glass and metal body, and even the charging indicator is subtly hidden in the top right corner of the screen to be informative yet unobtrusive. All of the elements of the M6's seemingly simple design come together to harmonize and make using the M6 as comfortable as possible. Hi-Res Audio certified
- Fret not about if the M6 can playback your files, as it supports: ISO, DFF, DSF, APE, WAV, FLAC, AIF, AIFF, M4A, WMA, OGG, AAC, ALAC, and MP3 audio formats as well as CUE files and M3U/M3U8 playlists.
- CPU：Samsung Exynos 7270 Dual-core 1GHz 14nm
- Bluetooth：Version 4.2，supports LDAC，HWA，aptX HD，aptX，SBC
- USB：Symmetrical Type C connector, USB2.0
- Screen：3.2 480×800 HD touchscreen
- Accessories：TPU clear protective case, USB data cable, PET screen protector (one already pre-applied)
- Charging time：＜2.5 h（DC5V/2A charger）
- Battery life：＞13 h（using earphones）＞15 h（over Bluetooth）
- Standby time：＞26 days
- Battery：1200mAh lithium-ion polymer battery
- Storage：Built-in storage（2GB）+ micro-SD card（up to 2TB supported）
- Pre-loaded music apps：FiiO Music，Tidal, NetEase Cloud Music, MOOV， KKBOX
- Whitelisted apps：Spotify, Qobuz, Roon, Deezer, JOOX, ES file manager, Bandcamp, and Sony headphones.
- Power Output 1：≥110mW（16Ω / THD+N＜1%)
- Power Output 2：≥70mW（32Ω /THD+N＜1%)
- Frequency Response：10 Hz~85 kHz（-3dB）
- Signal-to-noise Ratio：≥118dB (A-weighted)
- Output impedance：＜2Ω（32Ω load）
- THD + N：＜0.002%
- Peak output voltage：4.24Vp-p
- Noise Floor：＜3uV