iFi Audio AC iPurifier Active Noise Filter (US/EU-UK Version)
iFi Audio AC iPurifier Active Noise Filter
Available in US/EU-UK Version
Our multi-talented power conditioner will clean up your dirty mains power and make your music sound clearer.
Analogue buff? Digital junkie? Or like a bit of both? Our AC iPurifier will purify and protect your system.
Plug. Play. Believe.
- Our AC iPurifier is for anyone whose audio is troubled by interference or distortion caused by dirty mains power.
- It will rid your system of electromagnetic (EMI) or radio-frequency (RFI) interference and brings clean, clear sound to your audio in an instant.
- It is available for UK (via an adapter), EU and USA power sockets and can handle from 100 – 240 volts.
EMI (Electromagnetic Interference) - EMI is a type of interference caused by errant and unwanted electromagnetic waves that are received and amplified by an audio system. They cause some of the annoying 'audio gremlins' we often talk about.
RFI (Radio-frequency interference) - Radio-frequency interference (RFI) is very similar to electromagnetic interference (EMI) but is found in the radio frequency spectrum. It is another source of irritating, unwanted noise often talked about as an 'audio gremlin'. Top tip: just don't add water.
- The AC iPurifier uses iFi’s Active Noise Cancelation technology inspired by military engineering.
- ACTIVELY eliminates far more noise across the frequency range than a passive product, even across the lower frequencies.
Active Noise Cancellation - Active Noise Cancellation (ANC) reduces unwanted sound by the addition of a second sound wave specifically designed to cancel out the first. This basically results in no sound at all as it reaches unwanted sound even at the lowest frequencies.
Passive noise cancellation is done by means of insulating filters and works best on the middle to high frequencies. It does not work on the lower frequencies meaning that some sound can still be heard.
No Harm. No hum.
- The AC iPurifier boasts inbuilt earth/ground and polarity detection.
- You can always be certain the polarity is correct and that you have the necessary ground/earth connection. No harm. No hum.
Polarity - In simple terms, polarity refers to the way a signal flows. Audio signals generally flow one way, like DC current, and have positive polarity. Inverting the polarity can have a negative impact on sound and equipment.
- Our Intelligent Ground system ensures the AC iPurifier will not introduce a ground loop when one isn’t needed.
- Use the 4.4mm grounding socket safe in the knowledge that the AC iPurifier‘s ‘smart’ thinking will keep your system ground loop-free.
- No ground loops mean no annoying hum or buzz. Now, that’s music to our ears.
Ground Loops - In an electrical system, a Ground or Earth loop occurs when two points of an audio system both have a ground reference which causes a 'potential voltage difference' between them. Ground loops are a major cause of noise, hum, and interference in audio, video, and computer systems.
Safe and sound.
- And with in-built surge protection, the AC iPurifier will shut down if it detects a short or a power surge.
- Your equipment will remain safe and sound.
Many hands may light work…
- And the same can be said for AC iPurifiers… The more you use, the cleaner the power.
- And, you can also add them to your power strip. Why not separate your digital and analogue devices to lessen noise contamination even further?
- This is an active, not a passive product. As can be seen from the graph, it cancels far more noise across the frequency range than a passive product.
- Active filtration is MUCH better in the lower frequencies, at -40dB. Passive filtration is only truly effective in the very top-end of the frequency range.
- Discover more about passive v active filtration and noise contamination here.
- Based on military technology originally used in aircraft, our Active Noise Cancellation® (ANC) generates a signal identical to the noise signal but in the exact opposite phase to actively cancel all incoming noise.
- Our Wireless Purification System (WPS) is a complex circuit that reduces power line noise without audible or measured side-effects.
- This is important because other solutions, while attempting to curb noise, also hamper dynamics.
- The LED indicators show Polarity and Earth detection. As usual, green is good, red signifies an issue.
- There are four possible combinations and these can be found in a brief table in the User Manual. This tells you what the issue is and suggests how to remedy it.
- Our Intelligent Ground is a smart diagnostic tool.
- It only actively provides an earth/ground connection if your system needs one. It will NOT create a ground loop even if the system is already earthed/grounded.
- The Over-voltage Surge Protection (OSP) is an auto detection and cut-off circuit.
- Should it detect an excessive power surge or short in the mains electricity it will automatically cut off. If this issue persists, it will not reboot and will protect your equipment from harm.
- It is effectiive to max. 30,000A @ 1,000V/10uS.
- You can use multiple AC iPurifiers simultaneously in your system.
- The more AC iPurifiers you use, the cleaner the overall power. If the AC iPurifier is placed in the middle of a power strip, it will also act as a noise shield. Noise is reduced, isolated and confined to the respective left/right sections of the AC iPurifier.
- Try in different locations to discover which has offers the most improved sonics.
Noise reduction - > 40dB (> 100x)
Surge Protection - max. 30,000A @ 1,000V/10uS
Operating Voltage - 90V – 265V
- (USA) - ø 40mm x 105mm (L) / 108 (g) / 0.24 (lbs)
- (EU) - ø 40mm x 115mm (L) / 126 (g) / 0.28 (lbs)
Warranty period - 12months