iFi Audio Nova Power cord (US plug)
High-end construction & performance.
The Nova power cable delivers a serious upgrade over standard mains. It imbues sound with greater clarity, space and definition.
The sound of SilentPower.
- We have made a number of ‘clean power’ products in our nine-year history to date, but one thing we haven’t made is a specialist IEC power cable for home audio components – until now!
- The Nova is a specialised power cable with a high-end construction that belies its affordable price point. It delivers a serious upgrade over standard mains leads that imbues sound with greater clarity, space and definition.
- The Nova incorporates five conductors, each made from heavy-gauge, continuous-cast OFHC (Oxygen-Free High Thermal Conductivity) copper, arranged in a geometrically balanced configuration – highly unusual at such a price point.
- Two pairs of live and neutral conductors are arranged either side of the earth conductor, which is positioned at the centre of the cable. A further pair of air-dielectric delineators – essentially polymer matrix tubes filled with air – are arranged either side of the earth conductor, keeping the two pairs of live and neutral conductors apart whilst improving the cable’s overall dielectric performance and constructive solidity.
- The cable is finished with a tough yet flexible polymer outer sheath and iFi’s bespoke audiophile-grade connectors, complete with 24ct gold plated oxygen-free copper conductors.
- As already mentioned, the Nova incorporates five conductors, each made from heavy-gauge, continuous-cast OFHC (Oxygen-Free High Thermal Conductivity) copper, arranged in a geometrically balanced configuration.
- Two pairs of live and neutral conductors are arranged either side of the earth conductor, which is positioned at the centre of the cable. The ground conductor is arranged in a shotgun configuration and not twisted around like other mains cables. The live and neutral conductors are arranged in a truly balanced configuration, hence their magnetic fields cancel each other out perfectly.
- As a result, there is no residual magnetic field being applied to the centre ground conductor, and no unwanted induced voltage on the Ground conductor – we call this design Ground Zero.
The result? Pure, silent power.
The result of this sophisticated mix of materials and construction is that the Nova power cable offers constant impedance and superior rejection of EMI/RFI, maintaining the purity of mains electricity feeding each component in an audio or AV system.
While the effect of this cable on sound quality is significant when used on its own, it combines brilliantly with our PowerStation mains-conditioning bar – the PowerStation filters out common mode and differential mode noise from the mains supply, while the Nova maintains optimum purity right through to the connected component.
Our Ground Zero design ensures the grounding conductor within the cable is unaffected by residual magnetism and unwanted induced voltage.
The constant impedance design helps to maintain the purity of the mains electricity flowing into each piece of equipment in an audio system or an AV set-up.
This is a true balanced power cable.
- Using true geometrically balanced pairs means that the magnetic fields caused by the live and neutral conductors cancel each other out perfectly. This is a key component in the Ground Zero design.
- The cable design incorporates concurrent shielding for individual power lines and therefore creates a cable offering constant impedance, that is superbly insulated from EMI/RFI and feeds your audio or AV system with clean electricity for improved sound and performance.
- Double circular helix power line design with air-dielectric delineators.
- This twisted configuration further aids RFI/EMI rejection.
Ask a question
We found other products you might like!
Best SellerSGD $149.00Member Price: SGD $141.55