STAX SR-009 Push-Pull Open Back Circular Electrostatic Headphone
Push-Pull Open Back Circular Electrostatic Headphone
The SR-009 is the product of repeated research trip to techology and material search without deviating from our stance to return to live sound and music always with refined sensitivity.
- If a technology is not suitable for music, you should not adopt it even if it is a high-tech. Every technology should contribute to music reproduction. The SR-009 is the product of the repeated research trip to technology and material search without deviating from our stance to return to live sound and music always with refined sensitivity.
PRIDE AND JOY
- It will exactly be as a result of "work" each predecessor piled up, if a race, a company, and an individual have "pride". And it clearly depends on the way of life we live now to inherit it and to bear "enhancement" and "evolution." Simply this is proven by the fact that the state-of-the-art technologies in the world exist intensively in present-day Japan . Making valuable new things full of creativity by skillfully taking advantage of these technologies has given birth to a "millennium" earspeaker (electrostatic headphone).
TECHNOLOGY AND MATERIAL
- DIAPHRAGM: The newly developed sound element has been adopted in the SR-009. New high polymer ultra-thin film material called the super engineering plastics - the reinforced material of the conventional engineering plastics - is employed for the diaphragm of the sound element. Materials superior especially in tone quality have been selected to attain the extremely excellent frequency characteristic from low to super-high as well as the vast dynamic range.
- New electrodes named MLER (Multi Layer ElectRodes) have also been developed to realize the plane drive of the whole film diaphragm surface. While infinite thinness and flatness are required for the fixed electrodes, they simultaneously need to have other characteristics such as low resonance, high transmissivity of sound wave, and so on. The entirely new electrodes have been completed through the unification of metal plates processed with ultra-precision photograph etching using the high technology of heat diffusion combination on the atomic level.
- Aluminum is a metal good for sound and suitable material for audio equipment. It is abundantly used, e.g. at the frame supporting the appearance and sound element, to realize high-quality sound, rigidity and lightweight. Almost every part of the SR-009 is manufactured through precise machine processing.
- The high-purity copper developed from the necessity of wiring large-scale integration circuits is also known as high-quality audio cables. High-purity copper wire of 99.9999% (6Nines) purity adopted for the cable is further silver-coated and finished with the most suitable structure to drive the earspeaker.
- The earpad of a new design is carefully made by a craftsman's hand and features both the real leather with good humidity environment and the cushion material with moderate elasticity.
- The new earpad enables hours of comfortable listening to music.
ARC (head band):
- The arc is equipped with a position adjustment mechanism of 10-step slider and corresponds to the wide range of cranial form with individual difference.
- Type: Push-Pull Open Back Circular Electrostatic Headphone
- Frequency Response: 5 - 42,000Hz
- Electrostatic Capacitance: 110pF (including cable)
- Impedance: 145k Ω (including cable, at 10kHz)
- Sound Pressure Sensitivity: 101dB / 100V r.m.s. 1 kHz
- Maximum Sound Pressure: 118dB / 400Hz
- Bias Voltage: 580V DC
- Left & Right Identification: "L" and "R" indicated on the arc assembly (inside head spring) Left channel cable is marked with a solid Line. Right channel is marked with a dotted Line.
- Ear Pads: Genuine Lamb Leather (direct skin contact), high-quality synthetic leather (surrounding portion)
- Cable: Silver-coated 6N (99.9999%) OFC parallel 6-strand, low-capacity special wide cable, 2.5m full length
- Weight: 1lb without cable / 1.3lb with cable